Violet, Sienna and Gray

Friday, August 3, 2012

Wednesday- Student Art Day!
by on 7/18/2012 7:57:53 PM



Well, similar to yesterday, I started a post hours ago and after much interference, I am finally posting! Today's problem, I couldn't find the image of the students' art that I wanted to post! I looked everywhere, to the point where I reorganized all of my photo files (hmmm, started that at 3:30- now it's 8:30;but in between had to draw a chevron design on my daughters' chest of drawers, for her to paint (thank you Pinterest) and staple gunned raffia string to a picture frame ( jewelry storage, thank you Pinterest) so that she can have the cutest first apartment room ever!! (THANK YOU PINTEREST!) Anyway, Betsy, I can't find your sheep painting, so today I am posting a Jenny painting. 
Wednesday will be my "Student Art Day". I am so excited about posting pictures of my students' art. Prepare to be amazed!! NEXT week I'll post Betsy's awesome sheep, but as they were elusive this afternoon, I'll post a Jenny pic.
Jenny moved in down the street a few years ago, and one night while pushing a stroller around the neighborhood, her husband looked up into the studio and said, "I think they are teaching art classes in there. Let's go ask." To which Jenny replied, "Oh my gosh, not now, she's teaching!" He came in, asked, and the deal was sealed! Jenny has been here for a few years now, including childbirth intervals, (four children under 8 years old)!  Every once in a while, a teacher, a class, has the joy of watching raw talent. Here it is! Enjoy, we do, and thank God for her gift. A pleasure to behold, lord only knows the places she will go! Pure joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment