Violet, Sienna and Gray

Friday, August 3, 2012

Watermelon! An evening "Painting Party"
by on 7/14/2012 5:14:27 PM


I love to entertain! I'm not saying I'm a great cook, or that the house always looks perfect, but guests seem to have a good time! Saturday's posts will mostly touch on "Entertaining", and although I am not hosting a gathering in my home this weekend, I did host a "Painting Party" on Thursday night. I have jumped into this new trend going on around the country. It's a great way to connect with all of those people who can't fit regular painting classes into their schedule. The group here Thursday night consisted of four of my students, who each brought a friend or family member None of the four new guests had ever painted before! I set up a mid-summer themed still life: sunflowers and watermelon. Great music, laughter, learning--and they each left with a very good painting! 

This group did opt for the casual dinner, in my great room, after the paintings were finished. We enjoyed Paula Deen's, Asian Chicken Orzo Salad, with green salad and french bread, followed by a little piece of cheesecake and fresh strawberries! We enjoyed another glass of wine, celebrated the completed paintings, and enjoyed our time getting to know our new guests.

Having no guests here tonight means extra studio time for me! I was fortunate enough to spend most of this rainy (finally!) Saturday in my studio. I thought I would go ahead and paint the watermelons and sunflowers. I didn't get as far as I wanted, but will finish tomorrow. Happy Saturday evening! Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment