Violet, Sienna and Gray

Friday, August 3, 2012

Sunday Morning Roses
by on 7/22/2012 11:35:07 AM



Sunday mornings, for me, mean quiet time in my garden. I never start a morning without a tour of my little gardens. It's my time to reflect, be thankful, pray and be amazed at the beauty in every living thing! I often find a corner of the yard to paint in. The early morning sun provides wonderful shadows. This photograph shows an early summer rose about to bloom; unfortunately with all of this heat, they no longer look this healthy. And this is an example of a painting I did in the garden on an early Sunday morning. I loved the way these pink climbing roses looked in this green glass jar, and the way the sun came from behind the arrangement. It is one of my favorite paintings, I can feel the warmth of the sun and the fresh morning air, every time I  look at it!

No comments:

Post a Comment