Violet, Sienna and Gray

Friday, August 3, 2012

Student Art--What a bunch of Bull......
by on 8/2/2012 6:37:31 PM



Well, now that I've been teaching for a dozen years or so, I find I am often asked about all of my talented students. Yes, I answer, they are all talented; but REALLY ---what a bunch of bull!!!! Ha, had you there! Now, look at this! I am unveiling this glorious painting created from a photograph taken by my student Toni, while on a trip to Italy. This bull is gazing at us with all of his magnificence! I wanted to share Toni's hard work and perseverance  on this piece, she executed it quite well. Bravo! And, below a quote from Winston Churchill that quite sums it up!

A quote from one of my favorite books, discusses the beauty found in the mundane, although can we really call Toni's bull mundane in anyway? This book happens to be a cult classic for painters, it is Winston Churchill's, "Painting as a Pastime". (Find one if you can, sometimes old ones show up on ebay.) Winston: "I think this heightened sense of observation of Nature is one of the chief delights that have come to me through trying to paint...The whole world is open with it's treasures. The simplest objects have their beauty...Obviously, then, one cannot be bored.... Good gracious! What there is to admire and how little time there is to see it in!" Happy painting! (or whatever your passion may be), Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment